The Fieldhouse Sportscenter will be the site of several tournaments throughout the year. Check the hoa website for dates.
- The Fieldhouse has bleacher seating (without backs), feel free to bring your cushioned bleacher seats - Camping style or bag chairs are NOT allowed on the hardwood floors.
- Coolers, Crock Pots and other various cooking and food supplies are NOT allowed in the Fieldhouse.
- Please no large amounts of outside food and drink - no 'buffet' style food lines are to be set up within the facility, any food must be kept in bags.
- No passing, dribbling, or throwing basketballs or volleyballs outside of the gyms - this is a liability reason and has caused accidents, injury or broken equipment throughout the facility.
Bjerring Tournaments - periodically throughout the year
This Bjerring Tournament is designed to give your player hands on competition to improve their skills. This is an individual tournament and scores will be tallied by your player...
Here is how it works:
1) your player registers for the sessions that they want to play in -
2) when your player comes for the night, they will be given a number --
3) that number will determine their play time and partners for the entire night -
4) scores will be tallied on an individual basis....
Sarah registers for the tournament - when she arrives, she is given number 5... the schedule might go something like this -
1, 3, 5, 7 vs 2, 4, 6, 8
5, 8, 10, 12 vs 3, 11, 4, 8
So in the first round Sarah would play with 1, 3, & 7 and the second round she would play with 8, 10, & 12... her points would be determined by how well the team she was paired with did in the 4 minute playing time.
So, if Sarah's team won the first game by 5 points she would have a +5 by her name and if her second team lost by 3 points she would get a -3 by her name...for those two games her accumulative score would be +2.... The more weeks she can play the more chances she has to rally the points.
Each game will be 4 minutes with a 1 minute team rotation time... they will play for an hour...so she would get to play about 12 games during that time with different people.
It will be a lot of fun, but sign up fast because space is limited to the first 24.
HOA tournaments this year -
keep checking for more information or look on www.hoavb.org